Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ash's 21st Post

So, this blog is not going to explain much, if anything, because, I'll be honest, there isn't much that I understand. I think I'm getting more confused as the days pass... These AP tests are killing me..I'm doing horribly on these. I don't know why! Maybe it's the fact that it's supposed to be beastly hard and my mind is thinking that I can't do it (subconsciously...wow, shows my self esteem level, eh?).

I think I may have asked this before, but Is there a method to taking the AP tests the way there are methods to take the ACT and whatnot?
I'm getting confused on even the limits! After a little bit of derivatives, I finally see that I can just take the coefficients and divide them, but I'm making simple things way too complicated and complicated things...even more so than they already are!

I second Steph's blog..I also need help with the keywords and what triggers what. I've always had that problem in Math.

I look at my notebook, and think something looks simple, but after I look away and try to do an example problem, I FAIL!! I try to learn this information, but I'm pretty sure, as Mrs. Robinson has suggested once before, that I'm not studying correctly...well, not correctly, but you know what I mean. For formulas, Riemann Sums, for example, what is your method of memorizing them? I think I need to try different methods of studying, but I want to see what works for others and see if maybe I can combine their methods to study more efficiently.

On the AP tests, can someone explain to me a cone problem? One of them is number 17, but I couldn't read the problem, so I've only got a diagram. But I've never understood cones.

Oh, another thing I don't understand is tables! I cannot read them!! I don't know if I see a table and freak out or what. I get confused with the tables like this

x | f(x) | f'(x) | g
and there's a bunch of numbers under here..
I can never tell what they want...does anyone have a method of reading tables? That can also come in handy for the Science portion of the ACT!

Speaking of which! I cannot find this online, but I may not have searched the right things. Does anyone know what score you need in math to get out of a college course? Just like if you get a 30 in English, you get to skip English 101 and 102 or something like that. My scores in math this time leave much to be desired. They keep decreasing, does anyone know any good websites that can help or give problems?

Sorry for all of the questions :)

2 comments:

  1. okay..so i went take that AP test online and i got only three right which means i would've most likely gotten a one on the AP i can't really explain much.
    however, it's just like we're practicing in class..so when she says anything about it i write it down so i can go back over it again later.
    don't rush, but if you absolutly don't know a problem don't stay on it
    remember that if you do not answer it at all there is nothin counted against you. however if you can guess it's worth guessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For key words if a problem has the word approximation in it, it means that it is a linearization problem.

    ReplyDelete