Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week 5 maybe?

Wellllllll, I forgot my notebook at school on friday so I guess I'll just explain some stuff by memory.

Throwbacks from Calculus 1!

Throwback from Calc. 1 that can help us in physics!
Position, Velocity, Acceleration.
Velocity is the derivative of Position.
Acceleration is the derivative of Velocity.
Physics explains it as:
Velocity is how fast an x (position) is moving.
Acceleration is how fast you are going faster.
Calculus is basically an easier way to do this.

Antiderivative = Integration.

Anytime you see instantaneous rate of change, just take a derivative and plug in for x.

Trig Problems:

tancot = 1
cot/csc = cos
sin(2x) = 2sin(x)cos(x)
sin(-x) = -sin(x)

QUESTIONS, I'm looking at a MAO test right now that I have.

Oblique asymptote?

When you have an integral from 0 to x^2 and give you a value and say take the derivative. How you do that?

How to do f^(-1)'(x).

Any Volume problems.

1 comment:

  1. for the integral one, you just take whatevers being integrate and plug in your bounds( ie x^2). Then you're going to multiply by the derivative of your bounds to each...if that makes sense

    ReplyDelete