Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ryan - October 24 Post

To be honest, I really have been lost since we started this chapter. It's probably because I didn't do my homework the first night, and I've never been able to catch up. So I'll start where I started to get lost (9.1).

*Sequence - a list of numbers.

*To find the terms in a sequence, simply plug in n (the term you are on) for x and solve.

*Sequences converge if they have a limit.
*Sequences diverge if they don't have a limit.
*To determine if a sequnce has a limit, take the limit as n->infinity of a(sub)n.

******Something we need to know!!!!!!!!
Limit(as n goes to infinity) of (1+(1/n))^n = e

*Sequence properties follow limit properties.

**Sqeeze Theorem.
- <= an <= +
*For sequences - sqeeze with a convergent sequence related to a(sub)n.

*Monotonic - if terms are always increasing or always decreasing.

*If a sequence is:
*bounded and monotonic - it converges
*bounded and not monotonic - it diverges
*not bounded and monotonic - it diverges

No comments:

Post a Comment